Welcome to the Pre-Apprentice Application Page!
Prior to applying we encourage all Applicants to understand the full scope of what it means to be an Electrician in the Construction Trade. A career as a 309A Industrial, Commercial & Institutional (ICI) Construction & Maintenance Electrician can be very demanding but is also extremely rewarding! Working on different projects throughout the Greater Toronto Area you will be able to see the fruits of your hard work all around the city. Prior to submitting an Application it is important to know what your career has in store for you; we suggest you consider the following before applying:
- Thoroughly review all information provided on our website related to the program and its rewards
- Do your own independent research on the industry and the trade
- Consider the physical demands the career requires:
• Like are you afraid of heights for example? A considerable amount of time is spent working at heights, either up ladders or on elevated work platforms; OR
• Are you comfortable standing on your feet for much of the day?
- Speak to Journeyperson Electricians
- Research our Contractor partners
All Applicants must:
- Be eligible to work in Canada – An Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident, or be on a valid work permit.
- Have a Resume to upload – Applicants will need to submit an up-to-date resume including 2 professional references.
- Have an Essay to upload – Applicants will need to submit a 500-word essay explaining why they want to become an Electrician.
- Have their educational pre-requisite proof – Applicants will need to submit their high school transcripts* demonstrating the completion of 1 Math, 1 English, and 1 Physics from the chart below. These educational foundations are key tools for trade school completion and program success.
*For those Applicants who have not completed their high school education in Ontario, the Alliance will accept a
Comprehensive Secondary School Assessment (course by course
assessment) Report from such services as
International Credential Assessment Services of Canada
(ICAS) found on the government of Canada website.
Please Note: Applicants who already have a Registered Training Agreement (RTA), and have 1000 hours or more of trade-related experience are not eligible to apply to this pre-apprenticeship program.
Now Accepting Applications !
- YES, I am a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, and/or eligible to work in Canada per the application requirements above;
- YES, I have an up-to-date typed resume (including 2 up-to-date references) ready to upload;
- YES, I have a 500-word typed essay ready to upload; And
- YES, I have my high school transcript that clearly shows that I have the mandatory educational prerequisites (1 Math, 1 Physics & 1 English) from the list above, or an ECA report ready to upload.
Applicants who are able to say YES to all 4 items can submit their resume, essay, and transcripts/ECA Report to email@example.com
Please note, only Applicants who submit full and complete Applications will be considered.
For more information on the Intake, please read the following pages:
If you have any issues submitting your application, please contact our office at 905-882-6484